Tampere Hacklab workshop is guided by the community-driven registered association Tampere Hacklab ry, whose membership is required for the right to use the workshop. The operation is run by volunteers. Each member's support and participation for the Hacklab community is needed and highly appreciated.
In order to be permitted access to the workshop, it is necessary to also be a member of the Tampere Hacklab association.
Tampere Hacklab association membership
- For the year 2022, the annual Association membership fee is 30 €.
- The annual association fee does not have to be paid if you're already paying the monthly workshop subscription.
- Association members are allowed to participate in workshop trainings and events, and use only the small hand tools.
- The activities of minors in the Hacklab premises take place under supervision, and the use of large machines only under supervision.
- Read through Member's guide to familiarize yourself with member's permissions and responsibilities.
- Membership requires acceptance of Tampere Hacklab association rules. You can find them here: Tampere Hacklab ry rules.
Workshop Rights subscription
- The Workshop Rights subscription fee is paid every month, regardless of whether the space is used or not. The recommended amount is 40 € / month.
- However, students, the unemployed, and young people, for example, can lower the fee according to their conscience: The minimum fee is €10/month.
- There is no maximum limit for the payment.
- The annual Association membership fee is included in the monthly subscription fee and does not need to be paid separately.
Workshop Access Rights
- With the Workshop Rights fee, you get the right to use the Tampere Hacklab premises, around the clock. Opening the doors works by telephone.
- Access to workshop tools.
- The use of large machines independently is possible after the relevant training.
- You have the option to rent additional storage space for unfinished projects (€20/m2/month).
Membership requires acceptance of the Association's rules. You can familiarize yourself with the rules here: Rules of Tampere Hacklab ry. In advance, also familiarize yourself with the member's instructions, which explain various practical matters about the use of the space.
After submitting the application, you will receive a confirmation message. The board will process your application within two weeks and you will receive a confirmation email of approval. Please check your spam during this time.
If you haven't received an answer after about 2 weeks, you can politely approach by mail (hallitus at tampere.hacklab.fi) and ask if the application has arrived.
Please, be kind, don't send rush messages; the person managing the membership register processes applications by group.